S e n t i r e C u m E c c l e s i a

"To keep ourselves right in all things, we ought to hold fast to this principle: What seems to me to be white, I will believe to be black if the hierarchical Church thus determines it. For we believe that between Christ our Lord, the Bridegroom, and the Church, His Spouse, there is the one same Spirit who governs and guides us for the salvation of our souls..." - Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius [365]

Friday, July 21, 2006

Sinner...yet...made a SAINT!

Today, the universal Church celebrates the memory of St. Mary Magdalene. Mary Magdalene's life is a perfect illustration of the immensity of God. She, who was despised by Society as very sinful for being a harlot, yet in the end, was made by Christ the messenger of His Resurrection to the apostles. Below is the lyrics of a song composed by Jesuit priest Manoling Francisco summing up the resurrection experience of Mary Magdalene.

In My Heart

REFRAIN:

In my heart I know my Savior lives
I can hear Him calling tenderly my name
Over sin and death He has prevailed
In His glory, in His new life we partake

I know He lives as He has promised
For me He's risen that from fear I may be free
Not even death can separate me
From Him whose love and might remain in me (REFRAIN)

For I have seen and touched Him risen
To all the world will I proclaim His majesty
With joy I sing to tell His story
That in our hearts may live His memory (REFRAIN)

And all the earth shall bow before Him
His blessed name all will adore on bended knee
His truth shall reign, so shall His justice
In Christ, my Savior, let all glory be (REFRAIN)

CODA:
In my heart I know my Savior lives
In His glory, in His new life we partake


We pray then, that like Mary Magdalene, our experience of God's goodness will spur us on to change for the better and be messengers of God's goodness ourselves.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Diego said…

    And we must never judge prostitutes, not all of them wants their job. Most of them do it for the sake of their family. Some, for even helping other people that are in need.

    Thanks and GodBless!!! :)

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger sleeping beauty said…

    Thank you for posting the lyrics of this song..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home