S e n t i r e C u m E c c l e s i a

"To keep ourselves right in all things, we ought to hold fast to this principle: What seems to me to be white, I will believe to be black if the hierarchical Church thus determines it. For we believe that between Christ our Lord, the Bridegroom, and the Church, His Spouse, there is the one same Spirit who governs and guides us for the salvation of our souls..." - Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius [365]

Sunday, November 19, 2006

What remains Constant?!

My Philosophy teacher asked me if there is anything constant in this world. And he stressed out that only change remains constant. And turning his glance at us Jesuits he further asked "What remains constant?" Putting it in my contex, "Is the JR Orbeta who professed perpetual vows last 31 May 2005 the same JR Orbeta now?" The question remained in my mind.
Definitely not! I have gained a few pounds more now since then, my white (or gray) hairs increased, etc... so I am not the same JR Orbeta who professed perpetual vows last 2005. And the question persists, what then remains constant?!
I have the opportunity of thinking this over for a few days during our annual triduum for the devotional renovation of vows. And I believe I have received the grace and the answer. What remains constant?! Simple. It is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ remains constant, and so does His love and compassion. Yes, I may change, but Jesus will definitely not change. Why?! The Prophet Jeremiah had the answer: because... "I have loved you with an everlasting love." (Jer 31:3).
This scripture text will forever ignite the passion to love my God in and thorugh His Church all the days of my life. For I am assured that even if I do change, my God will never change! And that's my greatest consolation and my inspiration to remain faithful to my vows.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello po Tito JR. :-) Have a great day. --- Karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home