S e n t i r e C u m E c c l e s i a

"To keep ourselves right in all things, we ought to hold fast to this principle: What seems to me to be white, I will believe to be black if the hierarchical Church thus determines it. For we believe that between Christ our Lord, the Bridegroom, and the Church, His Spouse, there is the one same Spirit who governs and guides us for the salvation of our souls..." - Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius [365]

Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Grace is Enough for You

It has been three years since I and nine of my batch mates in the Society of Jesus professed perpetual vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience as Jesuits. And since the time of our profession, the grace and love of God abound all the more in my life.

It is true that religious life is no joke. It might appear comfortable and secure, but mind you, if this life is not for you, you will never be happy in it or you will never be fit in it (this is perhaps the reason why people leave religious life). In my past three years of vowed life, I continue to experience being stretched to the point that it is no longer "stretchable;" I continue to experience being tried and tested; I continue to experience being challenged and invited to greater love. But in all these challenges, trials, and testings, I can say with much conviction that the grace of God abounds all the more!

As I continue living my Jesuit Vowed life (now as a Jesuit regent in Zamboanga), I continue to hold on to this God of Love whose fidelity never wavers and whose constant presence never fades. I fervently pray that I, together with all the vowed religious in the Church, will persevere and will remain faithful to the very end. Amen.

====

To my beloved profession-mates -- Andy, Ernald, Eric, Chrysostom, Bros, Erik John, Joel, and Neo: May God's grace abound all the more in our daily living out of our Vows.

To Brother Gabriel, may God continue to show you His unswerving fidelity and presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home