S e n t i r e C u m E c c l e s i a

"To keep ourselves right in all things, we ought to hold fast to this principle: What seems to me to be white, I will believe to be black if the hierarchical Church thus determines it. For we believe that between Christ our Lord, the Bridegroom, and the Church, His Spouse, there is the one same Spirit who governs and guides us for the salvation of our souls..." - Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius [365]

Saturday, March 03, 2007

To See the Face of God... is my One Desire!

We have reached the Second Sunday of Lent. It is our hope that the First Sunday did bring us to the "desert," to get connected once again to our God Experiences for the strengthening of our Faith. This Sunday's Liturgy presents to us the Gospel passage on the Transfiguration of Jesus. We hear that Jesus was "transfigured" in the presence of Peter, James, and John. As they gaze at the face of Christ, His face radiates light, as bright as the sun, and His garments became dazzlingly bright. Having reflected upon this passage, I am convinced that my theme for this Sunday is To seek the face of God. Fr. Manoling Francisco SJ perfectly phrased it in his song: To see the face of God is my heart's desire; to gaze upon the Lord is my One Desire! At this point of Lent, I begin to realize that this indeed is my heart's desire. To gaze upon the countenance of my Beloved, and be united with and in Him.

Let us pray then that as we deepen our experience of Lent, we may truly desire for this grace. To truly seek the face of God (Ps 13). As we move deeper into the discipline of Lent, may we pray with St. Anselm that the Lord may teach our hearts where and how to seek Him, where and how to find Him. And that in seeking and finding Him, we may Love Him. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home